Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Tyler smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface places you in complete command of your Tyler home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and find recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Tyler benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and cellular capability for added reliability. It also offers convenient remote access and control with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the functions you can execute:
- Review current or saved video from any integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Tyler by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and everything in your home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a message if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open window or door will urge you to act. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm your home’s security by adhering to the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Tyler
Despite the fact that multiple users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add another user in the future. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, choose phone or email and provide the info to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, simply navigate to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Tyler security system. Dial (903) 459-7565 to learn more.