Daily deliveries have become commonplace for numerous people due to the emergence of online shopping. You enjoy the convenience of having goods dropped right at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes on your doorstep are enticements to potential crooks. Porch piracy continues to be a serious problem, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are fantastic tools to deter package theft, but they do significantly more.
Take a minute to find out how they work and why they’ll likely become an integral part of your smart home.
Perks of a Tyler video doorbell
Found in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a great number of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to advance. You are now able to implement detection zones, talk to whoever’s in front of your door, and receive real-time notifications whenever something is dropped off.
The easiest way to find out how a Tyler video doorbell camera works is to explore the various advantages it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You aren’t able to get this on each model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading crime with audible and visual warnings. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of people at your entry and packages on the walkway below. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a total perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage no matter the hour: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the purpose of using a doorbell camera? The best models will include exceptional HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to know when a package is delivered? You can get instant updates from video doorbells that can tell the difference between people and boxes.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody standing at your door? Reciprocal audio lets you find out why they’re there. You could even utilize this helpful feature to frighten off people lurking around your entrance.
- Prevent false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the viewing area will let you minimize false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home provides you the option to access current and recorded video straight from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you may interact with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even let you communicate with the individual at your door. These devices have become difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.